Air Liquide USA LLC Production Technician in High Springs, Florida
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
Entity and activity description
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies – from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells – even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHA™ and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacturer of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things.
Candidate must have valid employment authorization in the U.S. and must not require visa sponsorship now or in the future. This position is not open for non-immigrant visa sponsorship.
The science of electronics is transforming exponentially through innovation and connectivity around the planet. Every day, breakthroughs are making technologies - from micro-processors, memory chips and flat panels to photovoltaic cells - even smaller and more powerful, opening up countless new possibilities in how the world lives, works and connects. Air Liquide Advanced Materials grows by enabling our customers to innovate. Our ALOHATM and Voltaix® products are critical to the manufacture of the newest computer chips required for Big Data and the Internet of Things. To enhance our execution from discovery to delivery ("lab-to-fab"), we are adding talented people to our team.
Air Liquide Advanced Materials is currently seeking a Production Technician to join the team in the High Springs, FL facility. Our Production Technicians operate our chemical processes and perform production related activities, utilizing their chemical manufacturing knowledge and experience to operate and troubleshoot the plant in a safe and efficient manner. Production Technician will utilize procedures and techniques in performing a broad range of duties, including monitoring product quality, ensuring proper results of test samples and finished products and comprehensively documenting all test results. The Production Technician works in a team environment where collaboration and teamwork are critical to meeting the goals of the business.
SHIFT: Rotating shift work that may include nights and weekends. 12hrs per day.
- Safely and efficiently operates their assigned processes to meet the day-to-day quality, production and productivity goals of ALAM.
- Effectively prioritizes their daily tasks working with the Production Leads and Production Supervisors.
- Participates in monthly safety meetings and promote a safe work environment.
- Analyzes various raw/ in-process materials and finished goods using multiple analytical techniques (GC's, FTIR's, process analyzers, moisture analyzers, etc.)
- Reports problems with equipment and supports subsequent repair(s).
- Maintains equipment including preventive maintenance as directed by the supervisor.
- Accurately inputs and documents analytical data into all necessary analytical databases.Analyze collected data for trends and nonconformances.
- Completes their annual personal goals to achieve the plant goals and their own personal development goals.
- Supports investigation of production defects and assist in control of nonconforming material.
- Participates in ongoing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Moves cylinders within plant using handtruck and forklift
- Drives a culture of "Do It Safe, Do It Right the First Time" with their actions and their words on a daily basis.
- Successfully completes all assigned training.
- Cross-trains peers on approved functions.
- Valid driver’s license
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- General knowledge of basic techniques used in analytical laboratories
- Ability to work flexible hours and shift work (rotating shifts - day and/or nights)
- Demonstrated positive, safety-first attitude
- Ability to learn technical chemical processes quickly in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to interact effectively with others to accomplish daily tasks and achieve the plant’s goals
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively in written and verbal formats with stakeholders at multiple levels in the business
- Ability to perform technical troubleshooting to resolve process issues.
- Self-starter with the ability to perform well under pressure and changing priorities
- Fitness for duty; e.g. ability to lift 50 pounds, ability to climb ladders, ability to medically pass a respiratory test and physical test in order to wear a full face respirator as required
- Associate degree preferred and/or 1 year of experience in specialty or electronic gas production operations
- Coursework in Chemistry or related training with 1+ years of lab experience
- Experience in laboratory operations within a production plant environment
- Experience with formalized analytical validation programs.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials
- Hands on GC maintenance, method repair and development, and GC/gas systems troubleshooting experience
- In lieu of direct analytical experience, experience in specialty or electronic gas production operations qualified at a minimum of Process Technician I
JOB TITLE: Production Technician
CONTRACT TYPE: Regular
PUBLICATION DATE: 2018-03-13
COUNTRY: United States