BMO Financial Group Senior A&D Engineer, U.S. Energy in Houston, Texas
Key Experience & Attributes
- Extensive reserve and economic evaluations, particularly in support of A&D transactions;
- Project leadership for engineering and overall technical evaluations;
- Significant evaluation experience in all or most major domestic resource plays;
- A&D technical experience, specifically in providing buy-side and/or sell-side analyses and market value assessments;
- Proficient user of ARIES, with financial modeling highly beneficial (Excel, Spotfire, or Tableau)
- Will spend a significant percentage of time facing current and prospective clients;
- Situations will include general business development meetings, pitch meetings, and especially in data room presentations;
- Expected to lead the reserve engineering on one to three projects simultaneously and be able switch seamlessly from highly technical evaluations to generally technical business discussions and presentations;
- A huge plus will be a strong engineer that also has multiple contacts within the upstream A&D and/or E&P community and can provide access to senior A&D staff at prospective clients.
Other Experience and Credentials
- Retrieving and analyzing data from outside sources, generally subscription databases or the bank’s clients;
- Reviewing and analyzing non-technical information, specifically lease operating statements, oil and gas purchase contracts, land agreements, JOAs, etc.
- 15 years with a U.S. based investment banking firm or highly respected oil and gas company in the upstream/E&P sector.
- Bachelor’s degree from strong petroleum engineering school, MBA a big plus. Hopefully active in local and regional industry groups. PE a big plus.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us athttps://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.