Pfizer Chemical Operator Assistant building 173 3rd shift in Kalamazoo, Michigan
• Performs duties required in operating a variety of equipment used in his/her assigned area of the Division, maintaining responsibility for tasks as assigned. Dependent upon area of assignment, this may include complex chemical reactions, extractions, distillations, crystallizations, filtrations and drying operations.
• Operates automatic and manual chemical process equipment of varying complexity in various production processes in accordance with operating procedures. Equipment includes filtering equipment, reactors, and pumps. Performs quality control analyses as required to complete in-process batches and identifies variations. Processes may generate high pressure and/or critical reactions and requires training in hazardous material handling and emergency procedures.
Functional/Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of basic disciplines. Limited knowledge of industry practices and standards.
Problem Solving and Innovation: Develop solutions to routine problems following established Pfizer policies and procedures.
Discretion, Latitude, Level of Independence: Closely supervised. Follows specific, detailed instructions.
Impact and Organizational Contribution: Contributes to the completion of routine tasks.
• Education: High school diploma / general education degree (GED) plus either an Associate's degree or six months' work experience (e.g. current or previous Pfizer colleague; Mfg, Pkg or Veterans/Military relevant experience.
• Language Skills: Effective written and oral communication
• Experience: Completion of operator training program and required on the job experience as an Operator Assistant
• Certificates, Licenses or Registrations: Fork-lift certification, as required
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Applications
Physical Demands: Considerable standing, walking, climbing of stairs and ladders, lifting and moving of containers up to 25 kg
Work Environment: Use of required Safety equipment; working near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment may be loud. Use of hearing and eye protection is required.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Alternate Schedule: 12-2-12-5-9-2-10-4
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Last Date to Apply for Job: 03/27/2018
Eligible for Relocation Package
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.