Sutter Health Medical Lab Technician (Night) in Livermore, California
This position performs all aspects of pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic activities of the laboratory path of workflow appropriate for the Clinical Laboratory section (s) to which assigned, which includes one or more of the Shared Laboratory clinical specialties; Chemistry, Special Chemistry, Hematology (no microscopy), Urinalysis (no microscopy), and Coagulation. This position may not perform any Blood Bank testing. Analytical testing is performed on blood and/or body fluids, utilizing both manual and automated methods, to obtain information necessary for the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Where automated methods are used, this position provides preventive maintenance for analytical equipment and performs minor adjustments and repairs.
• Associates degree in clinical laboratory or related sciences or equivalent college education, with hospital and/or commercial clinical lab training in an approved program.
• Must be licensed in California. Note: pending license acceptable with proof of passing ASCP exam and submission to State of California within 90 days of employment.
• At least six (6) months experience in one or more of the clinical specialties areas of the Shared Laboratory is desired. Training my be counted toward the recent working experience.
• Experience with computers, including Microsoft, electronic mail, internet, etc.
• Customer service and satisfaction
Knowledge and Skills :
•In-depth knowledge of theory, test applications and process control of one or more of the clinical specialty areas of the Shared Laboratory.
• Knowledge of basic laboratory information technology and computer concepts is also required
• Must be able to ensure the operational readiness of complex laboratory analyzers and methods through technical expertise and effective method management.
• Must also be able to operate analyzers and equipment to produce accurate, timely test results.
• Must demonstrate an ability to effectively identify pre, post and analytic process variations and take appropriate and timely corrective action.
• Must have proven written and verbal communication skills
• Must be adept at performing a wide variety of routine and/or specialized testing using manual and automated methods with speed and extreme accuracy
• Mobility is required, as well as the ability to alternately sit and stand for several hours at a time.
• Must have considerable manual dexterity to accomplish such tasks as pipeting, instrument operation/maintenance and computer data entry.
• Must possess the visual acuity to accurately distinguish shades of color, correctly differentiate between similar shapes and forms, and produce “streams” of numerical data in correct sequence.
• Must have the ability to perform computerized tasks such as word processing
Organization: *Sutter Shared Lab
Title: Medical Lab Technician (Night)
Location: California-East Bay-Livermore
Requisition ID: SSL-1804376
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.