Belcan Cell Technician in Mentor, Ohio
Job Number: 281990
Description: Mentor, Ohio aerospace manufacturer is seeking candidates for their 1st shift (7:00am - 3:30pm).
Assemblers (Cell Technicians) are responsible for performing a variety of simple to complex assembly and test functions with minimum supervision. This position operates the required testing equipment to ensure readings and recorded values are accurate and meet all specifications. A Cell Technician utilizes all necessary gages and other measuring equipment to ensure that final assemblies meet the customer specifications and other dimensional requirements.
The following established procedures and responsibilities may include:
Perform a variety of approved assembly techniques.
Read, interpret, and understand assembly drawings, procedures and instructions.
Operate required test equipment and verify the calibration of such equipment.
Conduct test audits.
Perform routine maintenance on equipment and tooling as required and directed.
Make necessary adjustments to correct irregular and/or non-confirming assemblies.
Works closely with supervision and other team members to ensure that production
requirements are met and appropriate tooling and hardware is available.
Assist and/or instruct others in daily activities as needed.
Maintain appropriate knowledge and ability levels to efficiently perform all assigned work and
utilize this knowledge base to become proficient on new/unfamiliar assignments.
- Maintain a satisfactory level of performance while following appropriate procedures and
- Follow all health, safety, and housekeeping procedures, policies, and practices. Consistently
works in a safe manner regarding self, co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Partner with Engineering to report and problem solve production issues that impede
Meet production schedules and program production sequences for optimal productivity.
Support safety, quality, and continuous improvement initiatives.
Maintain work area(s) in an organized, clean, and foreign object damage (FOD) free manner.
Contribute and participate in team decision making. Provide support in project work and other
- Perform any other responsibilities as required and/or directed.
Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.* Must be safety conscious and willing to be compliant with all health and safety requirements.* Must have a minimum of two to six years of manufacturing and/or assembly experience.* Skilled in working independently in a timely manner to meet customer commitments.* Ability to read, write and understand instructions, procedures, and drawings.* Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills and be willing to work effectively as a participative
team member.* Must demonstrate proficiency in essential tasks of the job and a willingness to learn and share
knowledge; must take initiative to cross-train and sustain acquired skills.* Must be able to follow written and verbal instruction.* Must have demonstrated record of flexibility and dependability to support production and
customer needs.* Must be able to give and receive constructive feedback to ensure continuous improvement.* Must demonstrate manual dexterity and a willingness to learn.Pay rate $16/hr. Position starts on a temporary basis.
Location: Mentor , OH
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart