AMETEK, Inc. Director, Hardware Engineering in Mount Prospect, Illinois
Director, Hardware Engineering
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:7 - 10 Years
Hours of Work:
Location:US - Illinois - Mount Prospect
Division:PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now
Rauland, a division of AMETEK INC., is a business unit in the Measurement, Communications and Technologies division of AMETEK, INC. Rauland is a leader in integrated communications technology. We design and manufacture Nurse Call Systems for the medical industry and school critical communication systems for the education K-12 market.
A pioneer and an innovator, Rauland has been setting new standards for integrated communications technology and service for more than 80 years. From our headquarters in Mount Prospect, Illinois, we've built a solid reputation for our dedication to quality design, manufacturing and customer service.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2015 sales of $ 4 billion. AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 120 manufacturing locations around the world.
AMETEK is a New York Stock Exchange-listed company (ticker symbol: AME) and a recent addition to the S&P 500. We strive to recognize, appreciate, and value diversity within our corporate culture. Careers.ametek.com
The Director, HW Engineering is responsible for directing and coordinating all Electrical, Mechanical, PCB and regulatory related activities within the HW Engineering department.
Responsible for new product design and development
• Direct and coordinate activities to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures
• Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projects, such as records of expenditures, progress reports, team meetings, in order to inform management of each project's status
• Successfully complete projects on time and on budget
Manage Engineering team for all Hardware (Electrical, Mechanical and PCB)
• Establish a culture that is results focused. Be a key driver in changing the engineering team from reactive to proactive.
• Train, coach, and motivate the team to work effectively and productively
• Assess current talent and identify the optimal structure and skill mix for anticipated results
• Assigns resources for new product design and sustaining engineering to Platform Managers
• Establish clear goals to ensure the high standards necessary
• Drive cultural change to support a proactive and sustained development strategy and philosophy of accountability
• Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
Manage Department Budget
• Forecasts and proactively manages operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests
• Advise management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations
• Create and implements cost savings, technical budgets, allocates resources, and determines schedule of product releases or project deadlines
Cross Functional Business Partner
• Works cooperatively with Operations and Quality to resolve production issues to maintain process yields assuring manufacturing process capability and control
• Partner internally with sales, marketing and operations to identify revenue generating opportunities, and externally with customers to prioritize projects to maximize market impact
• Establish and maintain an effective system of communication throughout business unit
PREFERRED CANDIDATE IDENTIFIED
Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering Discipline (Master's degree preferred), Additionally formal training in Mechanical Engineering desired
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
7-10 years in a related industry with team management experience in a new product development driven environment
• Former experience leading engineering teams focused on prioritizing and driving new product development projects. Evident project management skills in a hands-on environment.
• Experience in leading cultural change to drive new patterns of behavior; cross-fertilization of ideas, a more cohesive new product development process, and meeting project/milestone deadlines
• Experience in assessing, motivating, and developing a team; acting as a mentor and coach, and hiring appropriately to ensure the right mix of skills to deliver against the strategic plan for the business
• Strong strategic and tactical skills; able to participate in developing business plans and then translate the output for the Engineering team.
• A clear decision maker; one who can analyze and assess quickly to make informed decisions
• Strong oral and written communication skills; able to converse at all levels within the business.
• Relationship development skills; a partner who is able to build bridges across lines of authority and build credibility for the team on a broader spectrum internally; comfortable in front of customers and potential customers externally
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.