Virginia State Government #00912 HVAC Supervisor - Trades Technician IV in Norfolk, Virginia
Norfolk State University (NSU), through exemplary teaching, scholarship and outreach, transforms lives and communities by empowering individuals to maximize their potential, creating life-long learners equipped to be engaged leaders and productive global citizens.
Norfolk State University is seeking an HVAC professional to serve in the Department of Facilities Management. Incumbent provides technical expertise and hands on skills in managing and coordinating all activities related to the repair, maintenance, installation and overall operation of campus-wide HVAC systems. Responsibilities include preparing reports on HVAC systems such as: assessing the condition of the equipment, scheduled maintenance status, and impact of preventive maintenance programs. Additional responsibilities include managing and coordinating activities of personnel involved in the repair and maintenance of HVAC systems, supervising subordinate technicians to include motivating, coaching, counseling and assigning daily tasks as required; establish and implement preventive maintenance programs for campus-wide HVAC systems, implement routine verifiable maintenance of HVAC equipment and other related duties as assigned. Visit www.nsu.edu for additional information.
Norfolk State University offers a competitive salary and a full complement of health and fringe benefits.
* EEO STATEMENT NSU is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all persons and applicants, without regard to age, color, disability, gender, national origin, political affiliation, genetic information, race, religion, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy) or veteran status. NSU encourages and invites minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.*
- Demonstrated skill in and experience troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing HVAC systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to a diverse array of internal and external students, staff and faculty.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and monitor projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrated skill in the use and operation of test and diagnostic HVAC equipment
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and direct multiple work assignments.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Demonstrated experience with various HVAC operational duties to include installation of systems and components.
- Supervisory experience/ Team lead experience
- HVAC Master License preferred
- Previous Supervisory experience in HVAC
This position is part of the 24/7/365 ERT (Emergency Response Team)
Applicants may show interest by fully completing and submitting electronically, the Commonwealth of Virginia Application for Employment. Those who do not include all information on the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration.
Norfolk State University conducts background checks on all candidates identified as a finalist for employment consideration at the University. The type of background check(s) performed are dependent upon the type of position for which you have been identified as a finalist and may include: criminal history, including sexual offender registry checks, reference checks, degree validation, DMV (driving) records, license verification, credit report reviews. The results of background checks are made available to University employing officials. You will be required to sign a reference release form.
Norfolk State University utilizes Form I-9 and E-verify in the verification of eligibility for employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicant is solely responsible for ensuring application and material thoroughly reflects their knowledge, skills and abilities as it relates to the advertised qualifications.
A complete application, including all previous employment, salary history, and education, for consideration, must be received on-line by 11:59 pm of “JOB CLOSE DATE.”
Applicants who list “see resume” or see Curriculum Vitae" in lieu of completing the application may miss the opportunity for full consideration.
Faxed material is not accepted.
Paper applications are not accepted.
Office of Human Resources
FAXED APPLICATION MATERIAL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
EMAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
MAILED APPLICATION MATERIAL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Working Title: #00912 HVAC Supervisor - Trades Technician IV
Role Title: Trades Technician IV - 79034
Job Open Date: 05/17/2018
Job Close Date: 05/23/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Is this position funded in whole or in part by the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (Stimulus Package)?: No
Hiring Range: $33,598 - $46,519 (based upon current pay practices)
Agency: Norfolk State University (213)
Agency Website: www.nsu.edu
Location: Norfolk - 710
Position Number: 00912
Job Posting Number: 1038014
Type of Recruitment: General Public - G
Does this position have telework options?: No
Bilingual/Multilingual Skill Requirement/Preference: No
Job Type: Full-Time (Salaried)
Job Type Detail: Full-Time Salaried - Non-Faculty- FTS-1
Pay Band: 04