Honeywell Principal Software Engineer in Northford, Connecticut
Principal Software Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Be part of a team that designs,develops and integrates highly complex Embedded base software functions withinHoneywell. You will use your experience and judgment to plan and accomplishgoals. You will also generate innovative solutions in work situations; tryingdifferent and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
Identify and propose technicalimprovements using your software engineering knowledge and principals
Accelerate innovation and growth, teaming with the world's most talentedengineers. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Honeywell is theopportunity you've been looking for
20 Requirements and design
10 verification and Testing
10 Customer Support
* YOU MUST HAVE *
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience in embedded Linux operating system.
- Experience in embedded object-oriented coding (c++)
- Experience in embedded fire panel and peripheral code design
- Experience in embedded cyber security testing, secure coding, encryption algorithms and protocols
- Having WiFi, Bluetooth, LTE and other wireless protocol knowledge, encryption (SSL, certificate etc) are plus
- Experience in embedded code design with database (SQL lite, etc), implementing communication with Intranet peripherals and cloud-based services (HTTPS, web sockets) and Data transfer structures (Json)
- Experience with monitoring, debugging, root cause analysis, and fix deployment (patching)
- Experience in build management (Bamboo), static code analysis (SonarQube), and deployment
- Experience with Unit/Test driven code development
- Experience using GIT-based source control (BitBucket)
- Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Widedegree of creativity and latitude
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity and ambiguity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
- Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD22626
- Category: Engineering
- Location: One Firelite Pl, Northford, CT 06472 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.