Airgas Usa LLC Equipment Engineer - Oakwood Village, OH in Oakwood Village, Ohio
JOB SUMMARY:The primary responsibility for the position is to oversee equipment based projects used in gas applications supporting Regional Company and Strategic account sales. The position is responsible for all aspects of equipment development and implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned. * Oversee complete scope of project including cost estimation, design, specification, safety review, fabrication and installation of standard and custom engineered equipment. * Generate necessary documentation including schedules, engineered drawings, bills of material and manuals for engineered equipment. * Prepares and issues project specifications, evaluate bids and negotiates final terms and conditions. * Oversee the ordering of system components, tracking of orders, and expediting orders associated with equipment projects. * Coordinates, conducts, and documents equipment functional testing to ensure system operations and functionality. * Provides assistance for field start of equipment. * Ensures assigned projects are completed on schedule and within budget. * Optimize existing and new equipment designs to maximize cost effectiveness and equipment efficiency.
- BSChE or BSME preferred
- 2-5 years of project management/engineering experience
- Experience designing industrial equipment, skid-mounted process equipment, and high pressure gas systems preferred.
- Strong understanding of fluid dynamics for compressible fluids preferred.
- Experience with process gases (e.g. nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen) a plus.
- Experience with process chemicals (e.g. hydrogen chloride, sulfur dioxide, ammonia) a plus.
- Well-versed in instrumentation and controls a plus.
- Other qualifications, which are desirable, include a proficiency in working with Autodesk 2D/3D software, ChemCAD simulation software, Microsoft Project.
- Capable of travelling up to approximately 20% (including overnight as required) and working weekends and/or holiday as needed to meet project schedules, equipment commissioning and follow-up customer support.
- Familiar with applicable standard design and safety codes for equipment produced for metals and chemical industrial market sectors, such as CGA, ASME and NFPA codes and standards.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Equipment Engineer - Oakwood Village, OH
Location: Ohio-Oakwood Village-44146
Requisition ID: 18449