Comcast Data Analytics Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for coordinating the design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of data engineering solutions and applications or coordinating analysis that ensures the development of business and operations insights, recommendations that address business objectives, and a strategic understanding of data collected. May
introduce new technologies and systems to support new and changing business requirements.
- Develops business requirements, assesses current reporting capabilities, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Creates actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address business objectives.
-Analyze and clearly communicate data. Create front-end data visualizations that succinctly tell a story based on your data analysis. Present data informed conclusions to customers seeking answers. Experience in any BI tool a must. (Tableau, Cognos, OBIEE, SSRS )
- Plans, develops, and implements data engineering and analytics solutions and technologies, and ensures that sound methodologies are employed. Provides the Company with solid, effective, and efficient
systems that are supportable.
- Evaluates all major system modifications and development requests to determine potential benefits and impact on business and information system operations.
- Understands the needs of non-technical internal application users, and maintains strong support relationships with managers, leads, and end-users community in all business areas.
- Identifies possible conflicts with the strategy and recommends cost-effective alternatives.
- Conducts full analyses of changes impacting customers and operations and ensures impacts are accurately integrated into forecasts.
- Carries out post-event analyses to validate forecast assumptions and identifies all additional factors associated with changes.
-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:
-Engineering, Computer Science
- Strong understanding of database structure, design, query languages (e.g. SQL/Oracle), fundamentals of data warehousing, fundamentals of data modeling
- Experience with big data and large database mining tools a plus (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Spark, R, etc.)
- Experience with BI and visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos, OBIEE, SSRS
- Ability to understand, manage, and navigate large data sets
- Good understanding of high-level product architecture and data flow patterns
- Experience in the telecom industry or knowledge of OSS/BSS a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer