Microsoft Corporation Engineering Program Manager, Core Platforms Engineering in Redmond, Washington
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you interested in shaping the future of how Microsoft drives digital transformation through Business Application and Cloud Services? Are you passionate about leveraging and evolving the latest technologies to solve real business problems? This career is for you!
We are looking for an entry-level Engineering Program Manager who can work with various business stakeholders, product teams, and engineers to deliver solutions across all areas of Microsoft’s business while continuously improving and expanding Microsoft’s Business Applications tools. Additionally, the Engineering Program Manager will have the opportunity to showcase these solutions with external customers to help them drive value through our experience.
The successful candidate will have a deep passion for engineering excellence, the ability to quickly learn new technologies, and apply to real world scenarios. You will need to work well in a fast paced and agile environment, and traverse various technologies, engineering teams, and client types (business and technical) to stitch together solutions quickly.
• Under the guidance of senior team-members, drive end-to-end delivery of Business Application programs from initial customer engagement through engineering execution and value realization
• Contribute to, and drive alignment between business and product strategies.
• Understand and practically apply Microsoft and partner technologies to a variety of business scenarios
• Identify and deliver opportunities to improve Microsoft software and services
• Engage team members from internal Microsoft as well as external supplier partners
Knowledge, experience and skills:
• BS in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent training / experience
• Strong communications skills with a focus on understanding business requirements and applying technical knowledge
• Practical knowledge of the Agile Framework and the Software Development Life Cycle
• Ability and passion for continuous learning of both technology and digital transformation
• Desire to work across diverse teams spanning multiple locations and time zones
Preferred, not required:
• Knowledge or experience with Microsoft Business Applications and Cloud Services (Dynamics 365, Azure, PowerApps, Flow, CDS)
• 1+ months of project/program management experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
Core Services Engineering