Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineer in Redmond, Washington
The Notes team at Microsoft is responsible for OneNote, Sticky Notes, and a bunch of other cool stuff in the works. Our mission is to empower people to Remember, Think, and Organize Better so they can Achieve More. We want everyone on the planet to have access to world-class tools that help them capture thoughts, record information, and share ideas.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers, people who care about culture as well as customers and features. We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, a common purpose, passion for quality, curiosity as well as grit, and investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results.
This role is a Senior Software Engineer on the Notes Foundations team with a focus on building Intelligence scenarios using machine learning into the Notes applications via services. The Foundations team owns the intelligent cloud and core services of Notes. It includes notebook Storage, Sync, Collaboration, Telemetry, Service Infrastructure, and Machine Learning. We aim to operate mission critical services at world class scale & reliability, modernize much of our cloud and client infrastructure and power key telemetry and product insights. We are looking for a team member that brings experience with machine learning and/or data science to help us extract insights using text analytics and natural language processing to bring intelligence features to millions of Notes customers world-wide. This role requires a mix of strong development ability as well as a love for data science.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
• 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
• 2+ years of practical experience applying machine learning or data science
Bonus Credit for:
• Experience with common ML tools (Python, Azure ML, CNTK, scikit-learn, PyTorch, Tensor Flow, TLC)
• Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) / Text Analytics
• Experience with Data mining or pattern recognition
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying Services or UWP applications
• Experience with Azure
• Excellent technical communication skills
• Experience with cross-discipline and cross-team collaboration
• Leadership skills, displayed via official management experience or clear examples of effectively leading small Crews
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.