Salt Lake County Engineering Designer in SALT LAKE CITY, Utah
Serves as an Engineering Designer for County design projects and engineering studies. Prepares detailed construction drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D for County projects. Works on modeling, studies, and other division needs under the direction of a professional engineer.
Associate's degree from an accredited college, university, or technical school in Engineering Technology, Drafting, Civil CAD Design, or other closely related field, plus six (6) years of experience in Civil Design; OR an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Designs and drafts capital improvement plans using AutoCAD Civil3D in coordination with internal County disciplines (survey, right-of-way, planning, etc.).
- Prepares plan documents and supporting design calculations including relevant standards, codes, etc.
- Researches right-of-way, easements, utilities, existing systems, etc. needed to develop engineering plan sets.
- Prepares construction cost estimates/quantity takeoffs.
- Maintains and organizes appropriate CAD standards and electronic documents.
- Generates a workable design surface (dtm) from raw survey data.
- Scopes, requests, and/or assists with topographic surveys and obtaining aerial photography.
- Uses GIS software to obtain required site images and topographic data and incorporate into project drawings.
- Prepares detailed hydrologic and hydraulic designs for various project alignments using CAD software, detailed hydraulic plans, profile calculations and hydrologic information.
- Works with Project Managers to solicit and obtain appropriate permits and jurisdictional approvals.
- Communicates with Project Managers and Project Engineers in a timely manner.
- Provides direction to the Engineering staff regarding CAD related issues.
- May perform engineering modeling and studies under the direction of a professional engineer.
- May review subdivision projects for completeness and correctness by calculating boundary closure and area.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Salt Lake County
FLOOD CONTROL - ENGINEERING-1101