Belcan ECS Controls Systems Engineer in Tempe, Arizona
ECS Controls Systems Engineer
Job Number: 281971
Category: ENG - Software SBU
Description: An Environmental Control System (ECS) Systems Engineer job in Tempe, AZ is currently available at Belcan. This is a direct, full-time position with benefits. To be considered for this role, you will need a bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
ECS Systems Engineer job duties:
• Coordinate with Engineering & customers to manage the releases of system requirements documents and engineering problem statements to the Heat Exchanger, Turbomachinery, Liquid Cooling System and valve component teams
• Manage the requirements database in DOORs or equivalent database
o Populate requirements database with requirements validation evidence and publish validation matrices at SRR, external PDR and internal PDR’s.
• In preparation for bleed flow sharing testing there will be a dry run at the test bench to ensure the configuration of the bench and its’ correct operation.
• Provide Test Engineering Support of the Engineering Dry-Run.
• Monitor closure of system bench problem reports.
• Update the requirements development status per established processes including:
o Test case development status
o Test case execution status
o Open Problem Reports
o Key messages, accomplishments and challenges
o Test data analysis of all assigned test cases
o Prepare summary reports of the data and describe results and issues with the performance of the units and systems under test
• Compare test data from the prediction models and prepare summary reports
• Prepare presentation material for the associated Honeywell and customer reviews
• Provide support to the engineering team by managing and tracking Rolling Action Item Lists and Risk Mitigation action closures
• Provide Integration Master Schedule, BCWS and ETC manager support to the Control Account Managers (CAM). Track and communicate task due dates to the task owners and CAMs and project leadership. Determine CPI and SPI impacts using standard Earned Value Management System (EVMS) tools and processes.
• Forecast work with a resource loaded schedules and measures the work accomplished as part of an earned value management system.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• 5+ years’ experience in the design, development, definition of ECS Systems or components
• Familiarity with requirements management, including DOORS tracking program
• Important knowledge and experience needed for this role includes:
o Systems understanding and background knowledge of ECS systems
o ECS components experience-valves, heat exchangers, turbomachinery, liquid cycle, engine bleed systems
o Knowledge of aerospace specifications: DO254, DO169, DO178B, DO160, MIL-STD-810
o Ability to calculate HX efficiencies, pressure losses, sonic flows
• U.S. Citizenship is required
If you are interested in this Environmental Control System (ECS) Systems Engineer opportunity in Tempe, AZ, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Location: Tempe , AZ
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Required Education: Not Specified
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart