The Boeing Company Support Planning & Management Engineer - Entry Level in Tukwila, Washington
The P-8 program is looking for an early career level 1 Support Planning and Management Engineer. The position reports to the Seattle Derivatives Team of the Logistics Products and Services (LP&S) capability in Boeing Global Services.
The Seattle Derivatives Team supports all derivative programs in the Puget Sound region (P-8, KC-46 and PAR). The focus of this position will be P-8 Ground Support Equipment (GSE). Candidate will be working as part of an integrated product team (IPT) providing product support/logistics support for a military commercial derivative platform with both a domestic and international customer base.
▪ Support the P-8 Sustainment team to develop total product support solutions for P-8A and P-8I.
▪ Work across multiple teams, functions, US Navy and International customers
▪ Assist in developing system and program requirements for support of products, including Ground Support Equipment and aviation maintenance facilities infrastructure.
▪ Support project leader as a trainee to gain exposure to working with customers, teaming partners, subcontractors, and suppliers.
▪ Assist in gathering information and engineering data used to develop and maintain Support products (e.g., system support analysis, technical publications, training, supply support, support equipment, field services, maintenance, tools, Ground Support Equipment).
▪ Identify and communicate changes in technical concepts, constraints, requirements, product configurations / baselines, and engineering data associated with support products.
▪ Assist in the production and customization of reports.
▪ Assist in the authoring of specification sheets for the support organization.
▪ Assist project leads as a means to gain exposure to working with customers, vendors, Program Management (PMO), Business Development / Sales, and Engineering organizations.
▪ Assist in responses to customer inquiries such as equipment interchangeability, configuration management, maintainability, and technical data clarification, and document issues of a limited scope using learned engineering principles combined with some exposure to practical experience and with guidance from experienced engineers. Interacts primarily with immediate supervisor and other personnel within the group.
▪ Support customer communication by gathering information to support a response, using knowledge of learned engineering principles. Analyze engineering data in support of service requests, Ground Support Equipment (GSE) licensee inquiries, and responses to internal Boeing GSE/maintenance inquiries, by applying knowledge of basic engineering and scientific principles. Support preparation for industry committee meetings.
▪ Assist in the evaluation and implementation of Program and Engineering changes (e.g., schedule changes and associated replanning, field data, customer requests) in support of customer requirements and overall program objectives. Build experience by preparing, tracking, and determining the status of engineering change paperwork.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
▪ Experience and fluency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point. ▪ Requires experience utilizing engineering data sources/drawings to answer questions and solve issues. ▪ Must be able to ensure proper communication and coordination of the support elements with our customers. ▪ Travel of up to 10%.
▪ Logistics Support (ILS) program activities to include support system analysis, spares, provisioning, technical data, support equipment, training, maintenance engineering/modifications, warranty, and facilities. ▪ Prefer experience with Ground Support Equipment (GSE) ▪ Prefer candidates capable of integrating elements from multiple IPTs and supporting multiple statements of work with P-8 Sustainment Program. ▪ Experience working across multiple teams, functions, and with International customers is highly desired. ▪ Previous experience with US Navy maintenance concepts is desired. ▪ Military experience, not required but desired.
Job Support Planning & Mgmt Engr
Organization: Logistics Prod & Srvs
Title: Support Planning & Management Engineer - Entry Level
Requisition ID: 1800020392