Johnson Controls Service Technician in West Columbia, South Carolina
What you will do
A Johnson Controls Technician is a troubleshooter and service expert. Alleviates concerns the customer may have regarding a security system. Advises customers and the Customer Monitoring Center (CMC) of the status of the systems and processes of inspections.
How you will do it
* Locate and alleviate trouble with damaged equipment or wiring.
* Readjust equipment, repair or replace inoperative equipment and test for operation.
* Read blueprints, building and electrical plans in order to complete equipment repairs.
* Prepare trouble order forms to report temporary repairs.
* Coordinate inspections and/or installations with police, fire departments, or other appropriate agencies.
* Performs inspections of security, close circuit television, Access Control and fire alarm systems based on NFBA, Local codes and contract requirements.
* Assists service technicians with system repairs and completes minor repairs including battery replacement.
* Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service connectivity.
* Complete all forms accurately such as the NFPA 72, TycoIS and customer paperwork as required.
* Manage and schedule daily, weekly and monthly contracted inspections as assigned to ensure monthly inspections are completed as scheduled for the calendar month.
What we look for
Demonstrated technical aptitude. Able to use hand and power tools (i.e. drills, saws, etc.) Basic computer skills required. Attention to detail. Good communication and listening skills. Depending on location, the mounting and termination of low voltage devices may have special licensing requirements. Plus two years’ experience in installing electronic and/or mechanical systems. Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC systems.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
Job: *Field Operations
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Service Technician
Location: SC-West Columbia
Requisition ID: WD30045017066