Johnson Controls Electrical Engineer - Industrial Control Systems - Federal Division in York, Pennsylvania
What you will do:
This position is responsible for the design, qualification, and maintenance of control systems for Johnson Controls Navy Systems (JCNS) manufactured HVAC/R equipment and Windows® applications on US and foreign naval combatants. Software development is the core responsibility of this position, but an understanding of the hardware is required to the extent necessary to ensure that system requirements are met.
Location:Grantley Plant, York, PA
Benefits:Eligible for benefits on first day of employment
Vacation:Eligible for 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year
How you will do it
• Support the development, test, production, and the installed base of the control systems for JCNS manufactured equipment, including control algorithm development.
• Support prototype and production Navy qualification testing by troubleshooting control system issues, recording and manipulating test data, and altering the hardware and/or software design as required.
• Perform work in accordance with JCNS Software Development Process, and other JCI, commercial, and military procedures and standards.
• Support development of application and firmware software.
• Support the derivation implementation of hardware and software requirements from equipment specifications.
• Ensure documentation traceability to requirement specifications.
• Maintain version management and configuration control.
• Provide input to project resource and costs estimates.
• Additional responsibilities will be assigned according to hardware skills and experience.
• Occasional higher level responsibilities will be assigned under supervision of managers or team mentors.
What we look for Required* • Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is required. • Ability to program microprocessors and controllers using C, assembly language, and PLC programming tools. • Two (2) or more years of work experience with microprocessor control systems including a thorough working knowledge of C, assembly language, and programmable controllers. • Familiarity with control system technologies that include: Electronic and electro-mechanical controls, fractional HP to 500 HP motors, variable frequency drives and other types of motor controllers, magnetic bearing controllers, microprocessor and support circuitry, programmable controllers, discrete circuitry, digital logic, actuators, relays, solenoids, displays and other visual indicators, sensors, switches, analog signal conditioning, and digital communications such as EIA-STD-RS232, EIA-STD-RS485, Ethernet IP, Profibus, and multicast Ethernet. • Ability to communicate technical information in written, verbal, and graphical form in a clear and precise manner • Ability to work in a fast-paced performance and reliability driven, team-oriented environment. • Ability to travel (less than 10% of time) on a global basis. • U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD security clearance
Preferred • Familiarity with military product development • Familiarity with Microsoft .NET®, Microsoft Visual Studio®, Microsoft Office®, graphical user interface programming, and HVAC&R systems is desirable. • CMMI level 3 or higher certification is desirable.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou .
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Electrical Engineer - Industrial Control Systems - Federal Division
Requisition ID: 161292
Other Locations: US-PA-Harrisburg, US-PA-Lancaster